Arizona is a great place to live, with plenty of sunlight and a dry, mild climate. If you’re planning to call this state your home, you’ve made a fantastic choice. However, before you can enjoy all Arizona has to offer, you have to make the move and settle in. Here, the Russell Shaw Group, Realty ONE Group offers a variety of resources to make the transition easier.
Find the Right Place for Your Relocation
Do your research to find the perfect place to call home.
- First, consider all the planning and preparation required to make such a relocation.
- Then, decide whether you prefer an urban versus a rural location. Each option has its own pros and cons.
- Factor in your career or business when selecting a location. For example, if you’re relocating a business, determine where it’s best to set up shop as well as what steps you’ll need to take to establish yourself in Arizona, particularly if you have an LLC.
- Once you’ve decided on a general location, start scouting out neighborhoods. Consider things like walkability, school district, and proximity to amenities like stores.
- After you’ve chosen a few neighborhoods, connect with a real estate agent from Russell Shaw Group, Realty ONE Group.
- Once you have a timeline in place, search for “movers near me” to find an agency that can accommodate your cross-state or cross-country relocation.
Look Up Local Resources to Support Your Settling In
Familiarizing yourself with essential goods and services providers upfront will save you stress when you actually need them.
- Look up your nearest DMV so you can update your car’s license and registration as needed.
- Find the healthcare professionals you may need, from family physicians to dentists, and send over your old medical files.
- Use online platforms to find babysitters, tutors, pet sitters, and other support professionals.
- If your new home needs repairs or maintenance, look online to find the experts you need.
Take the Time to Integrate Into Your Community
Getting to know your neighbors and your broader community will make it feel like home.
- Introduce yourself to your neighbors, for example by hosting a housewarming party.
- Use apps like NextDoor to connect with the community.
- Find local events in your area to go attend.
- Join the local chamber of commerce so you can network with other business owners.
If you’re headed to Arizona, you’ve got lots to look forward to. Take the steps above to ensure a streamlined move. You’ll then be able to enjoy your new home that much more.